A little story
On a sunny day, 21st March 2012, DrMarcus created SCP-FR. He became at this moment our Master admin… but he had to wait until the 18th July 2012 to see the first member joining him. For months, he worked alone, mainly on translations, and then, this day, the -FR community was born.
Quickly some of our oldest members joined. Our currents admins DrJohannes, and Agent Neremsa, for example. But it was a calm period, and it was still the case when I, Dr Grym, SCP-FR latest admin, joined in February 2014. With some members that are now recognized and respected, such as Dr Frog, we all started to create our little French universe, and then we really created something new.
By the end of 2014, a lot of people that are now staff or old members joined us and helped creating this. We mainly developed ourselves thanks to the introduction of characters inside tales, and quickly, -FR had its own references (and running gags). This helped a lot to gather everyone, and to motivate them to keep writing.
Soon we gathered also around collaboratives projects, such as AFAL, RALA and many others…
We had of course some troubles with some members, as every branch surely had. But now we're a stable and productive community I'm proud to be part of.
What we did
Here is a list of the main things we have done:
- "Après Aleph" (also called After Aleph, or simply AFAL): -FR biggest canon now. It describes how the members of Site Aleph survived to an XK, and how they try to save the day assembling parts of a strange unknow SCP hidden all over the world. The interesting part of this canon is that it is organized by teams of 4/3, that are evolving more or less independently in the post-apocalyptic world. It has something like 60 tales for more than 20 authors.
- "Retour à l'Anormal": another canon, asking the question: what if one day the Foundation had to fire a whole Site, leaving the ex-employees under amnesics and back to a normal life? And what if the amnesic, after some months, stopped to work?
- "Dos au mur": a canon where the anomalous item stopped popping out of nowhere. No SCPs, no problems? Well, no! Without new SCPs to study, governments won't need the Foundation. Enjoy a Cold War Foundation versus Governments!
- "Human Ressources": another canon, that is more a lot of differents tales about how D-class lived their last hours.
- "Presqu'ultime Deathmatch": our adaptation of the March Madness Bracket, only with -FR SCPs.
- The birthday contest: each year, we make a birthday contest for the -FR birthday! We also do sometimes other types of contest.
We also have a lot of smaller ideas that are still in development, but not real enough to be mentioned here.
Main content of the SCP-FR "mythology"
If the main wiki has Bright, Clef, Gears and others, we have also our lore!
- MTF Delta-3 (aka "The Dragons"): The armed headmistress unit of the Intelligence agency. Composed of members of this agency who received only a military or a paramilitary training. Their tasks are primarily the responsibility of surveillance and recon on field. In case of threats from a newly discovered SCP entity, this unit is often associated with its neutralization, being armed or not. The origin of their alias is because the unit often has to work with helicopters and its emblem, representing dragon wings. The direction of this unit is the responsibility of commanders of the agency.
- MTF Delta-4 (aka "Safari Time!"): Unit specialized in tracking down and neutralizing SCP classified as predators. Most members of this unit are former soldiers who received a solid education on animal nature and of the different localizations systems.
- MTF Sigma-11 (aka "Space Goofs"): Unit responsible for equipment, food supplies and personnel transport at Site-Ayin, as well as site security. It is composed of former soldiers specially trained to extra-planetary conditions